Introducing three influential parts on mobile SEO
In this article, we will introduce three very influential and important factors in the field of mobile SEO(amp google), the impact of which will be even greater from Google’s point of view in the future.
With the advent of Google’s Mobile-First Index technology, many digital marketers are struggling to adapt. The aftershocks of this change in Google’s practice, although two or three years have passed, continue. The difference is that now, with more data about this algorithm and its impact on mobile SEO campaigns.
Undoubtedly, mobile SEO is significantly different from its desktop counterpart (not in all cases). With the increasing use of users of mobile devices, their behaviors and expectations are also changing. Changing the size of the desktop version of the site to the mobile version is not easy at the same time.
There is also a lot of evidence and observation that SEO algorithms for mobile and desktop versions are programmed based on different factors. For example, after searching for the term Credit Card, meaning credit card, we come across different results from Google on mobile devices than on the desktop.
Your landing page speed can make the difference between converting or losing a customer. Most mobile site visitors leave a page that takes more than 3 seconds to load. Yet most mobile sites miss that mark by an average of 19 seconds (Source). To set yourself apart from the competition, optimize your landing page experience with AMP.
To go ahead and get started, learn how to use AMP with Google Ads.
At first glance, these two types of searches may not be very noticeable, but the type of display and user feedback is different. This example is about a financial phrase and is less flexible than search terms that depend on the user’s location. When searching for location-related terms such as “nearest coffee shop”, the search result on mobile devices will be very different from desktop devices.
Instead of trying to defeat Google’s algorithms and create an imaginary list of factors that affect the site ranking, it is better to focus our efforts on getting the most traffic from mobile devices. Using data obtained from mobile SEO campaigns in recent years, we can divide this part of SEO into three parts: content, speed, and accessibility, user activity signals.
In this article, we will first evaluate the reasons for mobile SEO and provide tips in this area and in each section that will help digital marketers in gaining more traffic than search results.
Today’s smartphones have sensors that can sense our surroundings. Today, most of these phones are equipped with accelerometers, magnetometers, and proximity sensors. Smartphones provide huge amounts of data, and companies are not afraid to collect and use this data. It is no longer surprising that our home vacuum cleaner collects information about the location of our home and the amount of dust.
The following is a list of effective parameters that Google uses to display search results on mobile devices:
- Date Today
- The day of the week we are in
- The month we spend
- The season we are in
- Current, future or past weather conditions in the place where we are or what we are looking for
- User-based calendar information, such as future appointments with our friends
- Information accessible from the user’s social networks
- Identifiable noise from the user’s device
- Statistical information based on a person’s health obtained from health gadgets
Without wanting to look at this list or other more complete lists, you can have a very accurate sense of what is happening. Thanks to smartphones, technology companies know more about us today than they did in the past. Google’s change of approach to building a central search platform has made a difference. Everybody’s smartphones today have transformed a previously existing local search into a personal search based on user information.
These changes are applied using Google Maps and even affect traditional searches. When this concept is combined with semantic search, it becomes more complex and encourages internet marketers to understand the user to meet their needs.
Although there is no specific law due to the variability of factors, there are scientific and definitive methods that increase SEO efficiency in searches:
- Divide the search volume by device type. It also determines which terms are most searched on which devices. Having this information helps you to prepare the information on each page based on the majority of the devices of the incoming users. For example, the content of pages displayed on the desktop is, on average, 30% higher than on mobile devices.
- Use the User-Agent Switcher plugin to check the display of pages on different types of mobile and desktop devices. If you are using the Grom browser, you can use the User-Agent Switcher plugin for Google Chrome, and if you are a user of the Firefox browser, you can use the User-Agent Switcher plugin to change the user interface. Also, if you want to simulate sites on mobile devices in a more complete and detailed way, you can use the Mobile Phone Emulator tool.
- Generate content that meets the needs of users, not just the title of the user search term. This can even be to use pages with lots of images, instead of using long text. Following the search items and analyzing them can be your answer in determining the content strategy of the pages.
- Check the ranking of site pages on different devices. This information helps you to have a better view of the site display in the search pages of different devices. You can get this information using Google Webmaster Tools.
Site speed and access
SEO is no longer providing the most relevant response to your search term, and in the process, you must provide this content to the user at high speed, otherwise, you give way to other competitors. According to Google, about 53% of users close the page if it takes more than three seconds to load.
The issue of speed is so important that Google uses the Answer Box to answer users’ questions directly. Google also allows users to use an app in its new project called Android Instant Apps without installing it on their device.
Google has also put another proof of the importance of page load speed by launching the AMP project. AMP pages (amp google) were first introduced in 2016 and are applied to the HTML version of the page and greatly reduce loading time. This also reduces data loading, which is very useful for users. Recent research shows that more than 60% of users search for pages with AMP when searching with mobile devices because their loading speed is very high and they experience a better user interface than other sites.
AMP pages(amp google) have been a boon for publishers (more than 70% of Google Stories content is AMP-enabled), while online stores like eBay have only recently begun enabling this feature for some of their pages. Publishers are quick to use this method to make more money, while online stores and manufacturers have a longer-term plan in place to enable the technology. Since AdWords and AdSense tools have started to support the AMP (amp google) feature, so there is no doubt that to increase the functionality of your website and not to be out of competitors, you should activate this feature on the site as soon as possible.
The new features of Facebook Instant Articles and Twitter Moments are also evidence of the need to accelerate in the web world. This does not mean deleting different sections of the page. Web pages are more than just sections, but deleting one section can cause problems for other sections. So the most important thing is to clear the extra parts to maintain the structure of the site. Site pages should also be accessible by Google bots and other search engines.
- Fortunately, Google Mobile Site Testing Tool has upgraded and now gives us good reports from the site that can be used to improve the site.
- Remove any intermediate page between the clicked page and the page with the main content. Like the pages, you have a tag with the name of the page title and after entering the tag page, you have to click on read more to see the main page and content. Google has insisted on removing such pages, and to avoid Google fines, it is better to get rid of these middle pages as soon as possible.
- Google’s Android Instant Apps project is a clear indication of Google’s new approach to the speed parameter. Users are not interested in installing and loading separate applications. This project allows them to use applications without experiencing problems during installation. This project is currently open to all developers and is worth a try.
- The AMP Project website currently has various tutorials for setting up AMP(amp google) for site developers to speed up site loading. There are also plugins for content management systems such as WordPress and Joomla that people can activate AMP on their site without having specialized information and take advantage of it.
- Use AMP in Google AdWords Landing Pages. Google has good advice for site owners and advertisers.
- Google has a list of factors that affect SEO, which includes different types of small and large websites. However, these tips and tricks are just the basics of website SEO for indexing pages, and to compete in large markets, you need a lot more information in this area.
- Do not focus on the concept of access only in its technical sense. The content of each of your pages should be accessible to users who want it. Tools like Readable.Io help you write content with the right level of complexity.
User participation signals
Changing users’ tastes in using mobile phones instead of desktops has also forced Google to change its methodology in ranking sites and indexing pages. This is much more complicated than it sounds because there are many factors involved. That’s why Google has delayed the full implementation of the Mobile-First Index project and is currently moving the project from site to site.
Gary Ilyes, a Google expert, spoke about the Mobile-First Index in a recent speech:
[jv_quote style = “default” width = “0”] Mobile sites do not have as much metadata as desktop versions. Our goal is to implement this project with the highest quality. We do not intend to experience a negative experience when users search. We want to replace signals that have not been heeded in the mobile web world with existing algorithms. [/ Jv_quote]
This was a very significant statement for SEO professionals. Google intends to use new, non-content-dependent signals instead of traditional site ranking algorithms. There is no doubt that the launch of the Mobile-First Index took so long to be completely accurate and correct.
In addition to reducing the quality of metadata in the mobile version of the site compared to the desktop, it is necessary to note that the importance of links in the mobile world is less than the desktop. Users often share their favorite content in web applications, and this has caused problems for search engines that depend on links.
One of the benefits of RankBrain, launched in 2015, was the perception of user satisfaction or dissatisfaction with search results. Google now measures how long a user stays on a site after clicking on a search result and records their return to search results for better results. Of course, the click-through rate (CTR) alone is not enough to evaluate sites. Google needs to know how the user behaves within a site.
A recent study last year found that user experience (UX) factors that promote mobile sites are effective in SEO and site rankings, while backlinks also make sites more important.
Backlinks in SEO Mobile continues to affect the scope of this parameter has changed and has dropped. This is a good feature because backlinks are simulated or even purchased. But it is very difficult to forge factors related to user behavior on the site over a long period.
Together, these issues convince us to keep the following points in mind to improve user satisfaction on the site:
- Data analysis should be the cornerstone of SEO-related actions. Assessing how users access the site, analyzing their behavior on the site and their exit points on the website are among the main points of this work. To do this, you must use tools to have your users’ information at all times. Rest assured that Google uses similar tools to measure user satisfaction with your site.
- Take a look at your landing pages (pages that users first enter) and examine the relationship between user engagement factors (such as bounce rate, user presence time, etc.) and site ranking. You often see that the pages that provide the best user experience to users have also grown a lot in terms of SEO.
- Backlinks are still important. But the way we look at them must change. Note that it is important that backlinks cause traffic to the site, otherwise the factor of the number of site backlinks is a parameter almost obsolete.
- Consider UX (user experience) parameters and site conversion rate in your SEO projects. Without upgrading the user experience of the site, no ranking increase will always be maintained.
Working with Digital marketing, SEO services, and website design and Migrating services to PWA with a highly experienced team for years, َAvenger IT Next Generation has been able to meet the needs of people in various businesses and help businesses grow. Continuously updating their level of knowledge and exploring different markets has surpassed the pioneers in this field and incorporate successful experiences into their careers.
Avenger IT Next Generation is a progressive and insightful design agency, technically and creatively skilled to translate your brand into its best digital self. Our design and development approach creates impactful, engaging brands, and immersive digital experiences that bring you a return on creativity, call with us.
The network services section of Avenger IT Next Generation has three main titles:
- Consulting services and network solutions
- Installation and realization of network projects
- Network support and maintenance services
These services take the form of short and long-term contracts for network support and maintenance and in the form of projects and cases in the field of consulting and the implementation of networks for businesses, institutions, various industries. , medical and educational centers, large commercial office complexes, petrochemicals, factories, small organizations. , Medium and large, and is provided.