Why is it better to use PrestaShop?
You may be wondering why Prestashop? What sets this platform apart from other platforms? As you know, there are several CMSs that you can use to build an online shop. If you search the internet, you can see the differences and comparisons of these content management systems.
But in answer to the question of why we should use Prestashop better, we should talk a little about the features of this free content management system. Once you install PrestaShop, you will have more than 600 basic features with you, and you can set up your online shop without any worries. In addition to these 600 features, there are other benefits along with PrestaShop, the most important of which we will mention in the following.
Free: One of the most important features of this platform is that you can use the main features of PrestaShop indefinitely without paying.
User-friendly interface: Using the user interface provided by Prestashop for shopkeepers, they can easily manage their store using menus.
Easy and convenient configuration: Prestashop has a very good installer that helps the user to easily install and configure your shop with a few clicks.
Personalization: You can easily personalize your store that you have set up with PrestaShop by adding beautiful and numerous modules, plugins and templates.
Professional Support: Prestashop has a strong and professional support team that is ready to respond to you at all times, this option can be considered one of the best strengths of this platform, which has made Prestashop superior and leading.
Bug Reporting System: If you see a bug or error in PrestaShop, you can easily use this system to reflect it to the PrestaShop development team so that they can improve it for you in future versions.
Easy transfer from other platforms to PrestaShop: No matter what e-commerce software you use, we can transfer your store to PrestaShop. Here you can easily transfer your store to PrestaShop without losing your information.
Useful documents: You can easily get any information you want by referring to the documents available on the main Prestashop site and Prestafa documents. We offer a variety of training courses to suit the needs of shopkeepers at all levels. You can access these courses online
Forum: The English PrestaShop Forum as well as the internal forums is a great place to find answers and exchange ideas. You can post a question or search previous posts to see if anyone has answered your question before. For example, in the Prestafa Q&A section, you can ask your questions so that the experts can answer them.
Plugin: PrestaShop Addons is the official marketplace of PrestaShop. This police marketplace is where you will find over 5,000+ additional modules and professional designs to customize your store. You can also find a variety of functional modules, templates, and plugins on the official Addon marketplace site itself.
Module: A PrestaShop module is an application that integrates seamlessly into your PrestaShop Store and adds its own features and capabilities.
Template: A theme is a professional template designed to customize the look of your screen. You can easily install, set up, and update any template in Addons. Also, use PrestaShop Fracture templates.
What are the most important features of PrestaShop 1.7 for setting up an online store?
In this section, we want to describe the most important features of PrestaShop 1.7, which will be provided to you for free after installation. Due to the many features and possibilities of PrestaShop 1.7, we list these features based on different sections. Below are just some general cases and each case has several specific features and functions that not all of them can be reopened in this article.
- High speed in creating products and starting online sales
- Configure attributes and values
- Create product packages
- Sell customizable merchandise by allowing customers to upload files
- Create products with different compounds through compound generators
- Create and sell digital products
- Attach files or display additional information on product pages
- Determine the minimum purchase amount of some products
- Select specific text for non-existent products
- Create infinite categories and subcategories
- Track the inventory of each product
- Create suppliers and link them to products
- Create different manufacturers or manufacturers
- Get an overview of manufacturers and suppliers by sorting by order and filters
- A variety of payment methods
- A variety of shipping methods
- Create geographical delivery areas and different shipping carriers
- Pricing based on proposed shipping methods
- Define the maximum amount of packages
- SSL activation
- Set up the store as a catalog
Content and navigation
- A variety of settings on the product screen
- Organize products in the store
- Configure filters, sort products and paginate them
- Internal search engine configuration
- Display results with basic information about product listings
- Use different display modes or layered navigation
- Add product search box on 404 pages
- Inform customers about the store
- Show physical store on Google Maps
- Configure single page payment
- View shopping cart summary on one page before shopping cart confirmation
- View and allow the customer to navigate the payment process
- Quick creation of an account by customers
- Ability to choose different shipping and payment methods by customers
- Allow the customer to validate orders
- Display a confirmation page with relevant details
- Configure taxes by location
- Add tax to shipping and packaging costs
- Configure coupons
- Choose different discount modes
- Create price rules
- Create special offers based on products, customers, and orders
- Offer free shipping
- View the full product page with CTA or Call to Action buttons and promotional content
- Offer the product to customers
- Promotion of special products
- Use sliders to promote products
- Allow customers to add gift-shaped packaging
Build trust and confidence:
- Display payment logos to build trust and confidence in the customer
Increased audience engagement:
- Reduce the rate of abandoned shopping carts by sending emails
- Re-engage customers by emailing viewed products
Get traffic and visitors:
- Set up and use SEO in the store
- Set up and use SEO on product pages and CMS
- Connect the store to social networks
- Collect customer emails
- Advertise in your store through banners and images
- Get an overview of orders
- Create orders from the management department
- Edit customer orders
- Create a workflow to receive and return orders
- Receive notifications for new orders
Informing customers about the order completion process:
- Create default email templates and send emails
- Send email automatically
- Configure the account creation form for customers
- Enable account creation by the customer
- Allow the customer to track and view orders
- Manage customer addresses
- Create a new client or edit old clients
- Import and export customer lists
- Find customers easily
- Personalize the customer experience by creating different groups of customers
- Access summaries of customer service activities
- Receive notifications
- Create an IMAP request and send to the relevant employee
- Create default answers
- Allow customers to return
- Create credits to repay dissatisfied customers
- Display the form and contact information of the specified topics
- Review key information, define goals, and track store progress
- Receive reports based on different filters
About marketing performance:
- Measuring the impact of promotional and advertising campaigns
- Report on site traffic status
- Get information about the route of site visitors
- Get information about shipping methods
- Get a complete report of products
- See the most popular products and highlight them in the store
- Get information about warehousing
About sales and customers:
- Complete information on sales
- Get an overview of shopping carts by status
- Customer segmentation for better access to them
Launching an online shop with Prestashop:
In the continuation of this article, we want to comprehensively review how to set up an online store with the help of PrestaShop. So join us.
Preparations for setting up an online shop:
Naturally, before starting any business, you will need a series of basic actions and activities. Setting up an online store is no exception. To set up a store, you should first think about a few important issues, and if there is no problem with these issues, think about the next steps of setting up an online store. Do we express these issues in the form of questions for you? If your answer to these questions is yes, you can proceed to other steps.
Have you thought about the products you want to sell?
Do you have the ability to supply these products?
Do these products have a customer?
Is the market for these products good?
Are the profit margins of these products right for you?
Do you know your target customers?
Does your online shop have a particular advantage over competitors?
By answering these questions, you can find out if you have the ability to set up an online store or not. If your answer is yes, read the next steps of setting up an online store.
Domain selection and purchase:
Once you are comfortable with the product, customers, and market, you can think of other important issues. You must first choose a suitable name for your online shop. This name will be your brand in the future. So be careful in choosing it.
The domain is the address by which your site is known. In fact, a domain is the identity of your site, so choosing a domain is one of the most important elements of the site that you must spend enough time and attention to choose to be able to have a good and successful business.
After specifying the name of the store, you must purchase its online domain. Domains should be in the form of www.yourshop.ieu or www.yourshop.com and. For example, the domain of the Digikala online store is digikala.com and the domain of the Bamilo online store is bamilo.com.
To buy a domain, you must buy from reputable companies providing domain services and hosting, which we will refer to as the most important companies in this field in the world.
Choosing and buying hosts:
Hosting is a type of web hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to share their websites over the Internet. Web hosts are companies that provide space on a dedicated or leased server for use by customers. To choose a host, you must consider the important criteria that are as follows:
Host space: The amount of space allocated from a server to a site.
Bandwidth or Traffic: The amount of monthly traffic consumed by the site (usually reported in Gigabytes)
Dedicated Resources: The amount of dedicated hardware and software resources assigned to a host.
Shared Resources: Server hardware and software resources that are shared between the hosts.
Edan Domain: The possibility of launching another site (plus the main domain of the host) with separate content on the same host
Domain Park: The ability to park or transfer the route of another domain on hosts
Sub-domains: the possibility of setting up a subdomain. For example, securityblog.com is the main domain, and sub.securityblog.com is the subdomain.
Full backup: This operation completely backs up the host and restores it when needed.
Database: Database used by dynamic sites such as WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Prestashop, and…
Control panel: The user interface between the host and the user by the graphical interface to make it easier to work with the host
For example C-Panel control panel, Direct Admin, Plesk, and…
Host locations: Location of the site host server (for example Germany / Hetzner data center)
Web server: Receive and respond to requests on the site with direct communication between the user, browser, database and web services
Such as Apache, LightSpeed, Engine X, IIS, and…
Uptime: The percentage of server availability without a problem is called uptime. For example, 99% monthly uptime
99% of monthly uptime means that about 1% of the server has not been available in a month.
The minimum acceptable limit for uptime is 99%. Less than that will not be of good quality.
Note that maintaining 100% uptime is not practical in most cases.
Ping: A small request to the server to know if it is available or not
DNS: means the domain name system that identifies hosts and domains.
SSL Security Certificate: By activating it, it will be possible to access the site or host with the secure https protocol.
Best external hosting services
- A2 Hhosting
- TMD Hosting
Prerequisites for hosting PrestaShop:
- The host must support PHP version 5.4 or higher
- Must support Mysql database version 5 or higher
- Your web server software must be Apache version 2 or higher
- And to install the Persian version of PrestaShop, IonCube must also be installed on the host.
Prestashop installation and initial settings:
At this point, you need to know a little about installing PrestaShop and its basic settings. Tutorials for this work are on the Internet and with a search, you can get good tutorials.
If you have a problem at this stage, contact the Prestafa experts.
After completing this step, your online shop is ready and you can import products and enter the world of e-commerce.
You need digital marketing or digital marketing for different people to understand you on the internet. Digital marketing has different dimensions and tools that mastering them requires a lot of time and experience. But you can use the relevant experts. You can use two general strategies to be seen on the Internet. The first strategy is to discuss SEO and content production, which is a long-term process, and the second strategy is to discuss Internet advertising, which is more profitable but requires spending. To get acquainted with digital marketing, SEO, and content production, there are good pieces of training available on the Internet that you can use to advance your work.
Important questions about setting up an online shop:
Should I set up a public or private online shop?
One of the most important issues before launching an online store is to answer the question of whether we want to have an online store that sells all products in different categories or to have an online store that has one product category. Sell especially, for example, the online store of tools, the online store of apartment flowers, and….
To answer this question, you must first pay attention to your budget for setting up an online shop. Currently, public online stores such as DJ Kala, Bamilo, and…, which work with billions of budgets, are very tough competitors and you have to have a lot of budgets to compete with them.
The strategy that most entrepreneurs use in setting up an online store is to create a dedicated online shop. By doing so, you can also compete with big competitors such as DJ Kala and surpass them in your field of expertise, which has been done for many dedicated online stores. Setting up a dedicated store has the advantage that you will need both less cost and budget, and that you can cover a wide range of products in a dedicated category, which large public online stores are unable to do.
So our recommendation is that after researching different markets, choose a specialized field for your online store and start working in that field.
How do I get the idea of a dedicated online shop?
To answer this question, you must pay attention to various aspects. The first thing to consider is your interests. Do you need to see what products you are interested in selling? Or what products are you skilled in producing and you can produce good products for sale.
Next, you need to see what products you are able to supply? Do you know anyone around you who specializes in producing or supplying specific products?
You need to think about how much profit margins the products you want to offer in your online store have. How much do people need these products? How essential is this product? What is the consumption of this product among the people?
You should definitely check how many online stores there are in this specialized field? Are these online stores strong and how long have they been active? How much time and energy do you have to compete with them? Our online stores saturated in this specialized field or not?
By answering these questions, you can come up with a good idea for setting up a dedicated online store.
How long will the online store make money?
To answer this question, many variables must be considered. Variables such as sales and marketing strategies, advertising, content, team and…
But the nature of the online shop is such that if the necessary things are done properly, you can expect revenue from the online store from six months to two years.
So you should know that setting up an online shop is not a cross-cutting issue and requires investing time and energy and having the right strategies.
Working with Digital marketing, SEO services, and website design and Migrating services to PWA with a highly experienced team for years, َAvenger IT Next Generation has been able to meet the needs of people in various businesses and help businesses grow. Continuously updating their level of knowledge and exploring different markets has surpassed the pioneers in this field and incorporate successful experiences into their careers.
Avenger IT Next Generation is a progressive and insightful design agency, technically and creatively skilled to translate your brand into its best digital self. Our design and development approach creates impactful, engaging brands, and immersive digital experiences that bring you a return on creativity, call with us.
The network services section of Avenger IT Next Generation has three main titles:
- Consulting services and network solutions
- Installation and realization of network projects
- Network support and maintenance services
These services take the form of short and long-term contracts for network support and maintenance and in the form of projects and cases in the field of consulting and the implementation of networks for businesses, institutions, various industries. , medical and educational centers, large commercial office complexes, petrochemicals, factories, small organizations. , Medium and large, and is provided.