Preface: WooCommerce 4.0 – Everything You Need to Know!
New Admin Interface
The dashboard includes new and improved reports with a whole new notification experience. You will now be able to filter and compare data and also preview your store performance to see how it works.
The new activity panel will improve order management and consistency between the mobile experience and the desktop experience.
Action Scheduler 3.1
Action Scheduler is the background technology that is already in the WooCommerce kernel. The new version provided with WooCommerce 4.0 uses custom tables that provide a consistent experience even in department stores.
Improved integration experience
Users will now be able to experience the all-new integration experience which will help them open their stores much faster.
- More WooCommerce 4.0 Updates
- Patches for the WooCommerce block package
- Brexit and VAT updates
- Change order improvement screen
- Optimization for payment gateways
Decided To Move To WooCommerce 4.0?
After reading all of these incredible features of WooCommerce 4.0, you can’t help but quickly switch to the new version. So, if you’ve decided to upgrade to WooCommerce 4.0, here are some things to watch out for:
- WooCommerce 4.0 is not fully backward compatible with previous versions of WooCommerce.
- You will need to run some database upgrade routines after the update once you have upgraded to WooCommerce 4.0
- It is recommended that on a large database, you run the upgrade routine with the WP CLI wp wc update command rather than through the administration interface.
To learn more about WooCommerce 4.0, go to the official announcement.
WooCommerce 4.0 Requirements
WooCommerce 4.0 has slightly redefined the minimum requirements.
- You should have WordPress 5.3
- You should have WooCommerce 3.6.0 or greater (in case you are upgrading -an existing installation).
- You should have PHP version 5.6.20 or greater. The recommended version is PHP 7.2 or greater
- You should have MySQL version 5.0 or greater. The recommended version is MySQL 5.6 or greater
Template File Changes
How 4.0 was tested
We released 4.0 beta.1 on February 10th, 2020, which was followed by the release candidate 1 on February 26th and later by release candidate 2 on March 6th. During this time we:
- Tested upgrade from WC 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8 and 3.9 to 4.0 as well as clean installations.
- Tested our extensions and themes.
- Analyzed compatibility of all marketplace extensions with WC 4.0.
- Tested on the most popular hosting providers.
- Tested using the most popular premium themes.
- Performed managed upgrades for actual customers on staging sites to pick up on any conflicts or bugs before the public release.
- Tested and updated WooCommerce.com itself.
We usually recommend that you do not hurry up to date with new versions (especially the basic ones, such as the Series 4) in your Woocommers update, and wait until all plugins are compatible and the new version comes out.
Be sure to back up through the host or manually back up the counter using the plugin before performing the update.
Conclusion: are the Users Excited About WooCommerce 4.0?
WooCommerce has more than a million active installations, indicating that there is a huge and happy community that trusts the plugin with their online business. Here is what some users are saying about how WooCommerce adds value to their business operations.
- Because WooCommerce 4.0is a completely free plugin and inherited it for free from its motherboard, WordPress.
- It’s a WordPress plugin. This means that as you work with WordPress, you no longer need to install a separate system to set up your Ecommerce system. Just install the WooCommerce 4.0plugin on your WordPress site.
- Very flexible. Some people think that whatever is offered for free does not have the flexibility and capabilities. Contrary to anything you can get from Woocommr.
- Internet marketing is possible. Just as every internet store needs marketing, WooCommerce 4.0 needs it.
- Has full customization and customization settings. You can easily adjust your settings.
- Connected to intermediate and direct payment gateways to pay for products
- It can be easily analyzed. That is, it connected to Google Analytics and received sales, customer growth, customer satisfaction, and so on.
- Customer support is one of the most important features of WooCommerce 4.0. As the person installing it, you can always use the support of the Woocommrce Development Team.
all Of the Users are very excited to use the Woocomers 4.0.
Working with Digital marketing, SEO services, and website design with a highly experienced team for years, َAvenger IT Next Generation has been able to meet the needs of people in various businesses and help businesses grow. Continuously updating their level of knowledge and exploring different markets has surpassed the pioneers in this field and incorporate successful experiences into their careers.
Avenger IT Next Generation is a website design and development agency and an SEO agency to promote your business, call with us.